1748145 Members
3545 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA5000 and Business Copy

Steve Pitt
Advisor

EVA5000 and Business Copy

I have a couple of questions on EVA5000 and Business Copy.

The network
" I have an EVA5000 8Tb SAN with a dedicated W2K server to manage it (SANMAN) with Business Copy installed and running.
" On the same segment I have a target server W2K, with the BC Agent installed with a 100 Gb Basic LUN mounted (SAN06).
" On another segment (via a firewall) I have a second W2K server with a tape library attached, again with the BC agent loaded (SAN01).

The firewall team have opened a number of ports to allow the SANMAN server to see the SAN01 and server, but are concerned about the ports they have to open.

The SANMAN server can see the two agents, and can now see the attached drives they each have mounted (The icon is now blue)

Q1. Can anybody tell me the network ports that need to be opened between the SANMAN server and its agents?

Business Copy
I want to take a snapshot of the LUN mounted on the SAN06 server, and then mount this on the SAN01 server so I can then perform a tape backup.
I have tried a couple of jobs in Business Copy and have found my way around a bit and using a template managed to perform a clone and then mount this on the SAN01 server. BUT this volume does not mount correctly on the target server, although it is seen in Disk Manager it cannot be seen in file Manager.

Q1. What should the sequence of events be and am I missing a step?

Thanks in advance
Steve
2 REPLIES 2
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA5000 and Business Copy

Can you post a screenshot of the Windows Disk Manager? Are the disks basic? A Drive letter is assigned?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Steve Pitt
Advisor

Re: EVA5000 and Business Copy

The disk is a Basic disk, and in Disk Manager on the Target SAN01 server was assigned a drive letter, but under Windows Explorer this did not show up.