5359 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA5000 battery replacement problems.

Geoff Brown
Frequent Advisor

EVA5000 battery replacement problems.

Can anyone help?
We're trying to replace the 4 cache batteries in an eva5000. We have obtained a new set of batteries, & followed instructions for replacement. i.e. Power on the eva, monitor cache battery status with CommandView_EVA, remove both batteries from one controller, & then install a new pair of batteries.
All is well for a while, status for both batteries "installed", "good". Battery LED's are off. Cache battery system, battery volts 2.50 VDC, status is "low charge" (expected).
However, after a few minutes this all changes. Battery status changes to Attention/ NOT installed, & Cache Battery System status is "failed", although battery voltage is still 2.50 VDC (which is the good working level).
After following exactly the same procedure for the other controller, we had the same result.
My question is, do new discharged batteries go through this phase when first installed, or do we have a set of faulty batteries?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Geoff
2 REPLIES 2
Jorge_43
Advisor

Re: EVA5000 battery replacement problems.

Hi Geoff: Sometime ago I changed the battery, only I removed both battery for controller and we did not have any problem.

verify VCS version, and Comand View version.!

Is posible that the controller are whith some problem of operation.

you can see the event log into the appliance.

Jorge.
Geoff Brown
Frequent Advisor

Re: EVA5000 battery replacement problems.

Hi Jorge,
Thanks for the reply.
VCS f/w is 3.010.
I borrowed a couple of batteries from another eva (not a live system), & they have been ok for a day now. Also, two of the original batteries from this system seem to have recovered (at least for a few hours), as I've been trying different combinations of the old set.
It does look as though our new set are faulty (one pair expiry date is Apr 2007, but there isn't an expiry date on the other pair).
I'll look at the situation after the weekend.