1752786 Members
5825 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA5000 with HSV110, 1 not booting.

Glenn Pedreira
Occasional Contributor

EVA5000 with HSV110, 1 not booting.

I have an EVA5000 with the HSV110. 1 of my HSV100 will not boot. I can get the the amber light with Boot diagnostics, Ram Test Passed screen but nothing else. My other HSV100 booting and runs with no issues. Please advise.
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

During controller boot, it does several tests, they appear on the display as TE XX.
Try to note the messages that appear on the display during the boot sequence.
Also, try to get controller event log from Command View.
Glenn Pedreira
Occasional Contributor

When I reboot the HSV110, here is the order of what is displayed.

Compaq LCD v1.0

Boot Diagnostics
Ram Test Passed

The the amber light with the Triangle comes on.

I currently do not have the EVA5000 Connected to a PC. Is there way to connect the HSV110 to a PC and run tests or update the firmware or something.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The EVA is under warranty? Because the logical thing here is replacing the controller.
An HP CE can go there, connect to the serial port on the controller, get boot logs and send them to the dev team to be analyzed, but it's not worth the trouble in this case.
This is usually done only when both controllers do not boot (hint: do not use 100% of space on a EVA with firmware 6.000)
Glenn Pedreira
Occasional Contributor

I believe it is out of warranty. The dilemma I am facing that I have about 8TB of space on my EVA and if it will be more cost effective to have HP come and repair or replace it or buy a much smaller storage solution with similar or greater storage capacity. It is strictly for storage and the speeds of the drives are not as much of an issue. I am tempted to get a SATA rack with a bunch of 750GB or 1TB drives. Smaller, quieter & use less electricity than this monster I have. It also might be less of a headache. Any suggestions?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Well, an EVA provides you more functionality than just a lot of space. But if you only need a lot of TB, then you can switch to a MSA1500 (Up to 64 TB with 750 GB SATA disks.