5674 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA8000 'One Connection Loop Lost'

jmh254
Advisor

EVA8000 'One Connection Loop Lost'

Hello,

I have an EVA8000 where all 14 disk in one shelf are reporting 'One connection Loop Lost'. Command View is not showing any warnings or errors on the shelf itself, just the disks. Everything physically on the EVA looks fine - the connections between the two I/O modules are the loop switches are all green, and no errors showing in the EMU.

Just wondering if the bet course of action here is to reseat one of the I/O modules in the shelf then leave it for a few minutes to see if anything changes, then repeat with the other module.

Since the loop switches are running fine for all the other shelves I'm thinking it's either one of the I/O modules in the shelf or one of the cables between the loop switch and I/O modules that's having an issue.

thanks
J
4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA8000 'One Connection Loop Lost'

Hi!

Well, what if you pull the i/o module where the disks are online? Wouldn't that cause the whole enclosure to go offline?

It may be that just CV is in some kind of state.

Looked through the logs?

Maybe a restart of CV / clear browser, restart master controller.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Also, what firmware & CV version are you on?
jmh254
Advisor

Hi,

I have restarted the CV server but no change. We are running Command View 9.3 and XCS 6200 on the EVA - although this EVA is providing backend disk to a NetApp v-series filer so we need to be careful with any potential firmware upgrades.

As far as I can tell both paths to the shelves are working correctly - both I/O modules on the have green connection lights and CV shows everything as online from the shelf point of view, it's only the disks themselves showing loop lost. This was my thinking for reseating one I/O module at a time.

Thanks
J

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

If you have the possibility I would have somebody look through the logs. Maybe they tell a different story. Maybe in there you can see that what is seen in CV (that the path is down) is in fact true.

Why not start with reseating one of the disks on that shelf? Seems a lot safer to me.

When you reseat a disk I believe there will be a LIP so sometimes it finds all the disks.
This would depend on what model of the IO-modules/loop switches you have.