Disk Enclosures
1748008 Members
4516 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA8000 RH Linux AS 4 and the Qlogic failover driver.

uma_3
Advisor

EVA8000 RH Linux AS 4 and the Qlogic failover driver.

What device file is being used to fdisk a disk?

When 1 vdisk is presented to the host, fibreutils sees 8 device files. I would expect to see on like secure path. Any insight and references would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a driver mis-configuration - when I tried it, I saw only one device.
uma_3
Advisor

Uwe,
Thanks for responding. You see one device and you are connected to and eva through multiple fabrics? What is the dev file?

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Correct, the server was connected via two Fibre Channel adapters/two fabrics to an EVA3000. The device name was '/dev/sdb' ;-)

In other words - it just appears as a single SCSI disk. The device driver package should come with the Fibre utilities. One of those programs is "lssd". If you run it, you will see the devices and the controller WWPN to which the device is currently mapped.
uma_3
Advisor

Uwe,

Yes, I used lsdd, probe-luns and other from the fibre utils package. They see the lun on the eva8000 8 times. I would expect this from a system without multipath.

I would think a driver configuration issue my exist as you mentioned. I have looked into set_parms to set failover to 1, yet when we try to reconfigure the driver, messages report that failover already is configured.

This is why I ask if another device file is to be used.

Any ideas on configuration? I pulled the driver fromthe hp site which is the lastest.

Thanks again.
uma_3
Advisor

I was able to fix this using set_parm.
Fernando Boza
Regular Advisor

I have the same problem....

What I do ??