Disk Enclosures
1751717 Members
5585 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA8000 with M5314 fc enclosure has bad power supply/fan unit! - whats the part # to replace it?

SOLVED
Go to solution
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

EVA8000 with M5314 fc enclosure has bad power supply/fan unit! - whats the part # to replace it?

9 REPLIES 9
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Re: EVA8000 with M5314 fc enclosure has bad power supply/fan unit! - whats the part # to replace it?

If I pull the unit out to look at the part #, the enclosure freaks and powers down and freaks out the array.

Plus, most part #'s put on older parts are no longer valid.

I have tried looking on hp.com, google, etc and am not able to find anything. HP is great about "dated" hardware being impossible to find information on.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: EVA8000 with M5314 fc enclosure has bad power supply/fan unit! - whats the part # to replace it?

123482-005 - Fan assembly
212398-005 - Hot-pluggable power supply module

These are the new RoHS compliant parts.

Check in Command View if it's the fan or the power supply.
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Thank you for the reply.

The enclosures power supply (with fan on it) wont power on at all.

I get this in command-view:

Event Code: 0d330911 Severity: Warning -- not failed but attention recommended or required. The AC input to a drive enclosure power supply has been lost. Note that the remaining power supply has become a single point of failure.

I have checked the cable, the outlet, etc and it will just not power on.

So I am guessing the power supply part #? Doesnt the supply come with the fan on it?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Yes, that means that the power supply is not working, and as the fan depends on it, it's also not working. The power supply is one part, the fan is another, you can replace the power supply and plug the fan on the new one.
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Ok thank you!

Are these not hot-swappable? When I tried to take the dead one out before the enclosure freaked out and powered down???

Is there documentation online on the proper way to replace the power supplies? Or was I just not "fast enough"?
Khairy
Esteemed Contributor

hi adam,

m5314 has 2 power supply. It can work with only 1 and another 1 just to provide power redundancy in case any of those failed.

In this case, your M5314 still survive after 1 pwr supply failed. Identify the faulty power supply and replace it asap.

It can be done online (hotswap).

Rgds
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Please check the following page:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=es&cc=mx&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=470490&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=470490&objectID=c00374750

Do not keep the power supply out of the chasis for more than a few minutes, the enclosure will shut down.
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Yeah that is what I assumed is they were redundant and hot swappable, however yes :) I also experienced having one out for more than a few minutes caused the enclosure to power down.... Ill go read on that URL now, thank you for the info.

mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Closed