108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA8100 disk group showing errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Berd
Trusted Contributor

EVA8100 disk group showing errors

Hello peers - I have a EVA8100 disk group showing a yellow triangle alert and under the hardware icon I drill down and see one of my disk is unidentifiable. On checking the logs I found the below message

SC Event Code: 060f4013 - The Drive Enclosure Environmental Monitoring Unit is able to communicate with a physical disk drive but this HSV210 controller is unable to communicate with that physical disk drive on the Fibre Channel bus.

It appears the disk has not failed, but the controller can no longer see it ? How should I address this ?

Regards,
Berd
9 REPLIES 9

Can you please share the Controller Event Log and the Config log ?

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Berd
Trusted Contributor

Controller event log attached.

cjb_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Looks like disk may have already gone, are the number of disks in it's disk group as expected? They never get better so we get disks that report this replaced as soon as possible.

Assuming you have support, call HP and arrange a new part - they will request the logs and disk product number. Confirm with them which disk has the predictive fail/failed.

Skip this next bit if the disk has failed.

Ungroup the faulty disk from the disk group (enclosure 12 disk 2 is it?). It takes about 3 hours for a 300Gb disk in my experience. Wait until ungrouped.

Replace disk (pull out disk, wait until it stops beeping (or better still about 2 minutes). Insert new disk.

Check new disk is ok in CV EVA.

Regroup new disk to your original disk group.
Berd
Trusted Contributor

I am going to replace the physical disk and see if this resolves issue. Should I wait for levelling to complete before doing so ?
Berd
Trusted Contributor

cjb, the disk group does not have the number of expected disks, it is 1 short. But if I go to ungroup the disk I cannot as it just displays 'disk drive in bay uindentifiable' and there is no 'ungroup' option. Am I safe to just pop disk out and replace whilst EVA is still levelling ?

Regards,
BErd

Yes. You can go ahead with the replacement at the time of leveling is going on but you should not go for the replacement at the time of reconstruction going on.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

As mentioned. When the disk has gone (like your case) you are safe to pull and replace. As you identified, it's not in the disk group anyway.
Berd
Trusted Contributor

Thanks guys, I replaced the drive and added back to disk group successfully.