5377 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Emergency Msa1000 SSP question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve_552

Emergency Msa1000 SSP question

I have an msa1000 with 2 controllers, there are 7 windows 2003 servers attached to the msa1000. Some of the servers are clusters some are not. The environment was initially set up by hp and an ex-employee. One of the servers has run out of space and I would like to add more storage to the one server. I have free space on the msa1000. I would like to create a lun on the free space and then set up ssp to present the lun only to the server that should see it. When I open ACU and attach to the msa1000 I see the option for ssp but the only option is to enable or disable. My question is if I click enable to continue will this do anything to the ssp config that is already there. I have 7 servers already using this msa and I cant screw up the san. Am I going about the config the wrong way? or is it ok to just create a new logical drive then click enable on ssp to continue to configure the storage presentation?

Please respond I need to fix this asap

Thanks
Steve
2 REPLIES 2
Glenn N Wuenstel
Valued Contributor
Solution

Steve,
Yes go ahead and click OK with Enable. This will take you to the next screen where you actually decide which luns are presented to which systems. Choosing Enable is not going to change anything that is currently setup. Only after you make changes on the next screen and then click on Save will anything be changed.

Glenn
Steve_552

Thanks Glenn, Thats what I was hoping it would do. I just needed to make sure before I wiped out the entire datacenter.

Thanks again
Steve