1748164 Members
3696 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Errors

Prashant Zanwar_3
Occasional Contributor

Errors

Can someone please tell about errors below? how to interpret these? Is my system ok? What is CRU?
Please reply,

Regards
Prashant

Dec 4 15:57:33 vanity EV_AGENT[3886]: 12/04/03 15:55:45 : Enclosure 8 Disk 7 : 0xa07 : 0 : CRU Powered Down : 0 : 0x920c : c15t1d2
Dec 4 15:57:35 vanity EV_AGENT[3886]: 12/04/03 15:55:25 : Enclosure 8 Disk 7 : 0xa07 : 0 : CRU Powered Down : 0 : 0x920c : c16t0d1
Dec 4 15:57:36 vanity EV_AGENT[3886]: 12/04/03 15:55:25 : Enclosure 8 Disk 7 : 0xa07 : 0 : CRU Powered Down : 0 : 0x920c : c4t0d0
Dec 4 15:57:37 vanity EV_AGENT[3886]: 12/04/03 15:55:45 : Enclosure 8 Disk 7 : 0xa07 : 0 : CRU Powered Down : 0 : 0x920c : c6t0d0
9 REPLIES 9
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Re: Errors

Hi Prashant,

CRU --> Customer Replacable unit.

Looks like once of the disk is bad. Check out the disk enclosure.

Hope this helps.

Regds
Todd McDaniel_1
Honored Contributor

looks like a bad disk.

If this "0xa07 " is a partial disk hex, then you should be able to ll |grep it from the /dev/dsk directory.

ll /dev/dsk/* |grep -i "0xa07*"

This should show you the disk. if my assumption is correct.
Unix, the other white meat.
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Check the power supply on your disk enclosure. It might be a problem with a disk or a disk array itself. As said above, CRU is customer replacable unit (like hot swappable disk, you really don't need an HP engineer to replace that particular part).
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Prashant Zanwar_3
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have checked with all the disks occured in error, they are online and claimed. Thanks for reply. I am sitting at remote location in India while datacenter is in UK.
How to be doubly sure about what would have gone wrong.
And one more small query, what is FRU?

Please reply.
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

FRU is Field Replacable Unit, i.e., something for which you need an HP engineer.

Given that you are not at the datacenter, I think it's worth a call to someone who is to enquire if the arry was accidentally unplugged or otherwise powered off.

mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Helen French
Honored Contributor

You may have to double check all your disks and devices with tools like stm, sam and ioscan. Check the system log files, root mail and diag log files. Also, if you have onsite support available, have them check the console messages and physically check the devices.

FRU is Field replacable unit
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Todd McDaniel_1
Honored Contributor

Could be a BUS error. I have seen this before recieving LBOLT errors on disks where there was a problem with the bus.

If it is a bus it could be a temporary problem, as mine were. but could be worth looking into.

Also, I would also cstm as suggested.
Unix, the other white meat.
Prashant Zanwar_3
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

to use cstm, i am getting cstm prompt, and i am able to get the help. But unfortunately I am not familier with cstm. Can someone please provide any detail document on it which will be useful for me to refer?

Thanks to all who replied. Please help more.
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

if you are running in a x-window environment, you can use xstm and get the guui-front-end. It's fairly intuitive. You can right-click on a component and then select information for more detail about that component. There are statuses, logs, and exercise utilities available for almost everything.

mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later