Disk Enclosures
1752790 Members
6664 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Exchange server can not found shared storage on netraid 4m & mscs

James_81

Exchange server can not found shared storage on netraid 4m & mscs

I set up a mscs on lh6000 & rs12 using netraid 4m and created disksets and containers on it. I installed hp cluster extentios, nt sp6a and created hp netraid-4m diskset resource in the NT cluster administrator.All these work fine.I can fail over from one node to the other.The problem came out when I try to install Exchange server on it -- It pop up something like to choose a proper cluster group with ip address, network name and shared storage devices to rerun the installation. It did not recognize the netraid-4m diskset resource as a shared storage device. I cann't find good info on hp site. Any sugestions? One more thing I noticed in NT disk administrator utility,on the left colum, the disk number for the netraid 4m container keeps changing. How to fix this? Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor

Re: Exchange server can not found shared storage on netraid 4m & mscs

Netraid 4m logical disks (disksets) are not recognised in MSCS as Physical Disk resources. (That is why you had to install netraid 4m cluster support files and new resource dll which handles 4m disksets as cluster resources). Some applications (Exchange is one of them) requires Physical Disk resource to be present in cluster group. There is an Exchange hot fix which adresses this problem. See http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q184880&LN=EN-US&rnk=2&SD=tech&FR=0&qry=disk%20resource&src=DHCS_MSPSS_tech_SRCH&SPR=ECH&