Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand / Reduce RAID 5

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Expand / Reduce RAID 5

Is there any utilties or future plans to be able to expand / reduce Compaq RAID's as does Server Magic can do for Netware Volumes / Netware Partitions. Why? Say I want to upgrade my 5 x 9Gb HDD in a RAID 5 config to 2 x 36GB drives. Currently the only way I can do this is,
1) If I have enought slots, put the drives in the same server, create a new array and copy the partitions using server magic.
2) If I don't have enough slots, have a test netware server to hold a ghost image of my netware partitions while I replace the drives, then ghost it back.
3) Backup then restore.