1752440 Members
5782 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Expanding 3200 Raid 5 in NetWare

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Expanding 3200 Raid 5 in NetWare

Using a 3200 in ProLiant 3000 with 3 9GB drives in RAID 5. I'm adding three identical 9GB drives and am curious of best method to expand the array.

If I expand the existing single logical drive, which I assume is possible, will NetWare lose its volume and segmenting information?

Is it better to just create a second logical drive and expand the volumes in NetWare?

Much appreciated ...
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Expanding 3200 Raid 5 in NetWare

What do you want to achieve? DO you want increase disk space on existing volumes or create new ones. Netware should be fine as the disk will present the new disk space as free space. Server magic can then be used to increase volume sizes. If a new volume is created then a second logical drive could be used. Your controller can do both logical and physical expansion so the choice is yours.

Duncan
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The drives can be added to the existing Array and the additional drive space can be expanded via CPQONLIN or added as the next logical drive.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

expand the array and just add another logical drive. Then create another netware partition. Then add segments to the exisiting volumes.
Because the logical drive is across the raid you have you redundency there.