New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC Storage

SOLVED
Go to solution
dhananjay_1
Frequent Advisor

FC Storage

Hello ,
We have installled EMC AX100SC storage.Which is directly connected to the servers ( two Server )using Qlogic FC HBA(ISP2312).
We are able to access storage from both the server but When we write any data to the storage from one (A)server we are not able to see the data on other (B)server.only after restarting (B)server. we are able to see tha data.
we are very new to this
so kindly help us.

DJ
6 REPLIES 6
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

What operating system do you use? You must have os that support concurrent connection to the same device. If you use any kind of windows it is impossible, because windows host systems not shared own resources with other host(s). In MS only supported solution is cluster service, but it is also "shared nothing" cluster.
regards,
Andrzej
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

Check present option at HP Insight Manager. You must stick for both server R and W option.
tienna
HP is simple
dhananjay_1
Frequent Advisor

OS Version is windows 2000 server , and customer wants to use this server for Oracle RAC and as per customer in Fibre Channel storage when we write a information to storage it should visible from other server also.

wheather it is possible ?

DJ
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

the clustering software must be able to handle this. I don't have any experience with Oracle RAC, but I assume it has a mechanism for sharing/locking disk resources. Until the servers are in a cluster you won't be able to have consistent data. Simply copying data to the shared storage from one standalone machine and expecting to read it on another will not work.

Regards,
Stephen
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

If I know Oracke RAC had his own mechanism to communicate with data, but if I remember must be installed on raw devices. On windows systems (all) with NTFS or FAT it is NOT possible to correctly maintain data from both hosts at the same time - cluster service is required. Even if you can see volume from boyh hosts, only one write and read to/from this volume correctly.
regards,
Andrzej
dhananjay_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks EveryBody For giving info...
DJ