1748202 Members
3049 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC4700

Mohamed Yasin

FC4700

I am planning to buy a EMC FC4700 for running 700GB oracle database for SAP over N4000. Any experience/suggestion on performance.

Yasin
3 REPLIES 3
paul courry
Honored Contributor

We have owned three different models of EMC boxes over the years and have been very happy with them. When something breaks we usually find out about it by having the EMC technician knock on our front door and saying "the box phoned us and told us something was wrong, I'm here to fix it"
Sebastien Masson
Valued Contributor

On my side, I got a EMC CLARiiON FC4700 and it's running in a 3 N4000 node cluster (MC/SG).

For now, we run into strange problem related to lun trespass (lun swap between two SP too often in short time). But I already a very experience on Symmetrix and CLARiiON FC-4500 and that is a very good and robust product for SAN storage.
Andre Gaudet

We have been successful in using FC4500 in an M/C Service Guard cluster. It is a 2 node cluster and the lock disk is one of the LUNs in the FC4500.

The only issue we have is with excessive LUN trespasses. There are a couple of EMC "solutions" that describe how to minimize this condition (EMC23856 and EMC21180).

I would pay particular attention to EMC23956, this talks about an LVM cumulative patch on HP-UX 11.0 that can cause PVLINKs to fail and for PV's to become unavailable until the volume group is deactivated and then re-activated. This will also cause filesystems to become unavailable and fort Oracle tablespaces to be flagged offline...

As long as trespasses are under control the FC4500 is a very good disk array...