Disk Enclosures
1752782 Members
5939 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

FC60 An unexpected runtime error or exception of type "java.lang.nullpointerexception" has occurred

Keld
Advisor

FC60 An unexpected runtime error or exception of type "java.lang.nullpointerexception" has occurred

Hello

Winnt Sp6a In a MS cluster

I have just tried to add additional disks to my FC60 Storage system and when I try to open my FC console to set raid information on these new disks, I get this error:

Starting arrary management error
The array management windows needed to manage device "SAPFC60" could not start. An unexpected runtime error or exception of type "java.lang.nullpointerexception" has occurred.

Please retry the operation. if this message appears again, turn your controller tray off and the on and retry the operation. If this problem persists, contact your customer support representative.
2 REPLIES 2
Keld
Advisor

Re: FC60 An unexpected runtime error or exception of type "java.lang.nullpointerexception" has occurred

We have tried to rescan the SAN
We have tried to make a new connection to the FC60 using the auto discovery tool.
Reinstall the FC60 software did not help
None of the attemter work arounds has worked.
Keld
Advisor

Re: FC60 An unexpected runtime error or exception of type "java.lang.nullpointerexception" has occurred

OK here is the case and solution :-)
2 X LXR 6000
1 X FC60
Added extra disks

Customer has added additional disk to his storage system. Customer tries to launch the FC 60 array management window. When he tries to connect to the FC 60, he gets this error:

Starting arrary management error
The array management windows needed to manage device "SAPFC60" could not start. An unexpected runtime error or exception of
type "java.lang.nullpointerexception" has occurred.

Please retry the operation. if this message appears again, turn your controller tray off and the on and retry the operation. If this problem persists, contact your customer support representative.

We have tried to rescan the SAN
We have tried to make a new connection to the FC60 using the auto discovery
tool.

SOLUTION:
We discovered this on his cluster clients

Node IE version
1 5.00.2314.1003 <-- Problem machine
2 5.00.2314.1003 <-- Problem machine
3 5.00.3105.0106 <-- Works fine
4 5.00.3105.0106 <-- Works fine

Asked him to update to IE version 5.00.3105.0106. Customer need to be on Java
VM version 5.00.3186. This one is shipped with the CD from the FC60 SS.

If you ever need to find out what version the Java VM machine has on a client,
you can use the JVIEW command on a command line.

Customer upgraded and never saw the problem again.

Please check KBRC00004379