1751870 Members
5225 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

FC60 DISK ARRAY

Andrew Luis Arruza
Frequent Advisor

FC60 DISK ARRAY

We have an FC60 connected to two N class servers. Last week we added fibre channels to connect the FC60 to an L class.
I did not power down the FC60. The L class does not 'see' the array when I do an ioscan.
Question: Am I going to have to power down the FC60 and the FC10's so that the L class will see it?
Also, if I have to power down the FC60 what is that going to do to the two N class servers connected to the FC60?
I have the manuals for the FC60 and FC10 so any page references will be helpful also.
Any/all help greatly appreciated.
Andy
It is, after all, a matter of survival!!
3 REPLIES 3

Re: FC60 DISK ARRAY

Andrew: you should not have to power down the Lclass to see the array.
Try at root:
/usr/sbin/hpC2400/arrayscan
..it will not find the fc60 but the product is leveraged off that software... then do:
amdsp -R
if array mgr is running it will say it is rescanning for arrays. If it says it is not running type:
/sbin/init.d/hparamgr start
...wait a minute or so, then try the amdsp -R
again. if it runs now use amdsp -i to get the
array id followed by amdsp -a (arrayid) to check status of array. You may have to do
insf -H x/x/x.x.x -e
for path to fc60 luns to get devicefiles created manually..or reboot L to let it do it
for you.
CHRIS ANORUO
Honored Contributor

Andrew, check the link:
http://my1.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,1150,0x856a7e990647d4118fee0090279cd0f9,00.html
When We Seek To Discover The Best In Others, We Somehow Bring Out The Best In Ourselves.
KwangHee Yi
Advisor

I'm wondering you checked the related S/W and patches.
At first, check L can see f/c cards. If it is ok, it is suspected that an appropriate FCMS s/w is installed.
Recent patches related to FC60 and f/c are also helpful to solve this.