5419 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC60 add-on new disk

Manuel_8
Advisor

FC60 add-on new disk

Hi guys,
I have added 3 new disks 36GB 10Krpm ST336704LC in a FC60 (very critical)split bus max configuration (3x SC10), with already installed 24 disks 18GB 15Krpm qty 12 LUN RAID1. The FC60 FW rev. is HP10 and the FW rev. of the new disks is HP03. During the add-on I get an orange led on all SC10 but after a reboot this problem was disappear. Now a new problem is occurred during the new lun configuration: I typed amcfg -L B:12 -d 1:4,3:4,5:4 -r 5 -s 16 000800A0B8094B84 and I get immediatly......
Error in command execution, "RMT_AM60ERRORSTATUS_MSG"
AM60ERR : ERR_COMMAND_FAILED
AM60ERR QUAL : CREATE_LUN
MODULE_CODE_ID : SUBSYSTEM
COMMAND STATE : A SCSI error occurred
ERROR NUMBER : 2
Sense Key = 0x05: "ILLEGAL REQUEST"
Additional Sense Code = 0x26
Additional Sense Code Qual = 0x00
FRU Code = 0x14
Decoded SCSI Sense:
Invalid Field in Parameter List
amcfg: Error in command execution

I hope somebody could help me.....
9 REPLIES 9
justin berkman
Frequent Advisor

yes it's possible
justin berkman
Frequent Advisor

not possible
justin berkman
Frequent Advisor

oh siiii
justin berkman
Frequent Advisor

hi clare
yes it 's possible FRU code 0x14
Quin Hammes
Valued Contributor

probably a dumb question on my part but are you trying to make a raid 1 group with three disks? I have not used the command line for this in a long time. I don't think you can make a raid 1 group with a odd number of disks. Just my 2 cents which could be worth even less than that.

Quin
Kevin Addison
Occasional Advisor

Manuel,

The command line looks ok to me. 3 disks onto B controller raid 5. You are on HP10 it would be worth having HP11 installed.

Kevin
Peter te Focht
Frequent Advisor

Hello Manuel,

Don't know if your problem is still there. We had the same trouble and solved it by placing the new disks at first for a couple of minutes into the HOT-spare-place. When you put them next into the right places, you will be able to build a LUN with the new disks. And of course, the Firmware-version should be upgraded to 11,( We didn't do that yet) also in conjunction with the lifetime-data of your controller-battery.
Regards, Jan
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

why don't you try with SAM.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Array looks like healthy. I suspect software so at first please restart AM60Srvr
Eugeny