7293 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC60 controller error

Sritharan
Valued Contributor

FC60 controller error

Hi Friends,

We have two clustered server(01 & 02). 01 is our primary server and 02 is our secondary. This is a database server (Informix 9.3)connected to the FC60.

The problem is we are getting mail saying that Controller A is not recognised in server 01 , meanwhile in server 02 there is no error.

When I do amdsp -a FC60 in server 01 it shows Controller A - unknown
Controller B - GOOD

in server 02 everything seems to be OK.

I have checked the cable connections everything is OK.

I also have rebooted server 01.

What else I can do to make sure Controller A is back on the track.

Now the cluster package is running on the standby node.

Thankz & Regardz
Sri
Known is a drop...unknown is an ocean -> quote from a movie
10 REPLIES 10
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Sri,

Having been through a similar situation, I'd say you need to log a hardware support call. Mine, at least, got quite involved - nothing I'd want to deal with on my own.

Pete

Pete
Sritharan
Valued Contributor

Hi ,

Here I have included the mail.

Check out the attachment

Thankz & Regardz
Sri
Sritharan
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have this problem earlier and logged a call to HP, the engineer came and find out that the problem was with the Fibre Switch.

Do you think, It will be the same problem

ThankZ & RegardZ
Sri
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Sri, could you please gather amdsp -a and ioscan from problem server, same from good server and supportshow from the switch and post them as attachment?
Eugeny
hyun-seok kim
Frequent Advisor

If you can see the FC60 through ioscan command.There is no problem. when each server is connected to each FC60 controller directly, In amdsp command, It can see only connected controller.
Beside you can't see no FC60 array (may be A5277A)in ioscan command ,it is another problem, check followings
1. FC adapter: LInk LED and HW status (ioscan -fnCfc)
2. cable : visual check
3. FC60 status: check controller LED and SC10 status
UNIX for all
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

We had a similar issue on one of our FC60. This is usually caused by old firmware in the FC60 controllers. It is recommended to upgrade both controllers to HP11 at least.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!

Sri,

I know this thread is old but I'd love to know how you/HP resolved this issue? We have exactly the problem you describe with one of our FC60's but HP is having problems resolving it. We've replaced most of the hardware involved and the firmware is at HP11. It seems to be fixed for a while and then the problem returns.

What fixed it for you?

Thanks,
Steve
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Steve,
you'd better start new thread.
Anyway, please tell me in which mode FC60 works - in fabric or in private loop? When this error appears (one of controllers failed from one host's view) do you see all FC60 LUNs dissapeared on that path in ioscan (NO_HW)?
Which topology is used - switches, hubs? Which ones?
Eugeny
Sritharan
Valued Contributor

hi,

Sorry for the really late reply....HP engineer came and changed the Controller A and then everything seem to work out fine, but you need to restart your FC60.

Thanks & Regards
sRi