108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC60 disk array in double-role??

Anu Mathew
Valued Contributor

FC60 disk array in double-role??

Hi folks,

Greetings...

I have a FC60 disk array with Dual Controllers shared by two L3000 servers. Each servers have two FC cards and every thing was well, till last day when a failed BCC was replaced, and the systems were bounced.

Now, each system shows that they see two FC60s, with serial numbers of the two controllers...!!!

These two controllers were supposed to function like one and give out one serial number as the array id.

The DIP settings are correct.

Has any one seen this problem?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your time and patience, in advance.

Anu Mathew
4 REPLIES 4
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Is it still cabled the same, since they replaced the BCC?

live free or die

harry
Live Free or Die
Anu Mathew
Valued Contributor

While we bounced one system connected to the FC60, the yellow and green LEDs on the Tachylon card were blinking. All the connections were checked then. No changes in the connections layout implemented.

Thanks

Anu Mathew
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Anu -

I understand your problem is resolved - good. I would like to ask about your configuration, though. I also have a FC60 which I would like to share between two HP-UX servers. My VAR tells me it can't be done, yet it sounds like you are doing it. Can you share any insight on how you've accomplished this? How are the servers connected to the array. How is the data accessed (i.e. does it appear as locally mounted file systems or do you use NFS or what). Any guidance you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

Pete
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Hi Anu,

I suspect a chance of error in the DIP settings (Full bus / Split bus configuration). Check this out and see if it helps:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg30008.html

HTH,
Shiju

Life is a promise, fulfill it!