4735 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

FC60 move to K-Class

BKUMAR
Frequent Advisor

FC60 move to K-Class

Hi BigBrains,

I have fc60 can i connect/configure to K Class by adding 2 HP Tachyon TL/TS Fibre Channel Adapters in K Class

is both fc60 and fibre channel cards support K Class with 11.0

Thanks in advance
Unix Administration Most Dedicated and Challenging Career in the World
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Re: FC60 move to K-Class

I don't see why not, the below link indicates what FC card is required. As far as OS is concerned 11.0 is fine, check also the driver level.

FC cards
http://www.hp.com/products1/unixserverconnectivity/storage/adapter15/specifications/index.html

driver software
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo.pl?productNumber=A6685A
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Which firmware FC60 has? If HP04 or HP05 then you can not connect such FC60 to unix box. If any other (HPxx) then you can. Check your FC60 to have at least HP11 firmware
Eugeny
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Yes, this should work OK, but check the FW as Eugeny suggests. One point, however, is that the K-class have one built-in HSC slot, plus add-on slots (two, four, or 8 add-ons are possible, depending on the specific K unit):

K2xx = no HSC slot expansion available
K3xx = 2-slot expansion
K4xx = 2- or 4-slot expansion
K5xx = 2- or 4-slot expansion, plus a 2nd 4-slot option (8 total expansion slots possible)

There are restrictions on using the built-in HSC port (on the multifunction card) for Fibre channel -- the CPU bus is shared with other I/O, so there are bandwidth restrictions. so, hope you can add HSC slots.

Regards, --bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)
Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

Yeah, and you want to use an hsc slot on the K Class. The non HSC cards don't quite perform as well as the HSC cards. There may also be a problem with some non-HSC cards as you upgrade to 11.i

So load up th K BOX and have fun with it. The tachyon light cards do upgrade to 11.i I am not sure about all other cards...

Tim