1752790 Members
6020 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

FC60 on K570

art krewat
Occasional Advisor

FC60 on K570

Already posted this in HPUX sysadmin, but thought it might be better in the storage forum:

Hello!

Have a K570 running 11.0, with Autoraid 12H. Everything is fine.

Just bought a refurb'd FC60 and SC10 - installed second bus expansion board into K570 with two a3404 fibre cards (bus 12 and 14, I figured better to be on different busses), fibred to FC60, and SC10 is split-bus. I followed the wiring diagram I found in the installation manual (pdf), so physically, it's wired right. I expect to (eventually) configure the 10 36GB disks as a mirror.

I do an ioscan and see the fibre cards, target, and disks, at c6t5d0 and c7t4d0. diskinfo says each disk is 10MB, which I expect for a returned-to-factory-defaults.

However, AM60srvr does not see the array. Rescanned, etc, no luck. Loaded the latest extensions pack HWE1100 B.11.00.0403.3, and also have XSWGR1100 (B.11.00.40) and XSWHWCR1100 (B.11.00.41)

The documentation states that I need XSWHWCR1100 (B.11.00.47) to see the array. Do I need to find that specific pack, or is the 11.00.0403.3 going to do it?

Also, I did a dd against the 10MB lun - c6t5d0 works fine, c7t4d0 LOCKS the dd forever, have to reboot to get rid of it. Is the array in a strange state and that's why AM60srvr doesn't find it? I'm at a loss...

The next thing is to patch everything to the hilt and see if that helps, so in the meantime, I'll be doing that.

thanks!
art k.
3 REPLIES 3
art krewat
Occasional Advisor

Re: FC60 on K570

Figured out today that the controllers themselves are not in an ioscan. I'm getting another controller tomorrow, as one of them appears to be locked up.

However, Is it normal for one controller to be bad and take down the entire array?

Again, I see the 10MB default LUN 0 on both controllers, but if I access the second one, the dd locks up. The first one reads/writes fine.

Since it's in factory-default mode, the second controller is passive, so is this part of the problem?

Just weird to see one controller being bad and lose both devices in ioscan.
art krewat
Occasional Advisor

art krewat
Occasional Advisor

OK - I was able to fix the problem by getting into the boot menu, and choosing "patch nvsram". In UserCfg, offset 0x33 should be FD (in hex) so that HPUX can see the controllers.

This is exactly as stated in the URL I posted earlier, the only missing part was which NVSRAM page? UserCfg was mentioned in the Service Manual, where 0x28 bit 3 is 1 sets Ethernet enabled.

Now, I have to have someone physically move the serial cable so I can get the other controller to act the right way :)

How do I get points for answering my own problem?