Disk Enclosures
1751798 Members
5194 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: False Error Message

Joseph Grispi

False Error Message

I'm running two DL580's in a clustered environment with an RA4100. On one of the servers, the following message appears in the system log:

Storage System Power Supply Status Change. Storage system "D117DBX10122" power supply in bay 3 has a new status of 4.
(Power supply status values: 1=other, 2=notInstalled, 3=ok, 4=failed)
[SNMP TRAP: 8021 in CPQSTSYS.MIB]

There's also another one for bay 2. These reference the RA4100, which is operating fine. They don't appear on the other DL580 in the cluster, which happens to be the currently active node. In fact, the cluster is operating normally.

Compaq/HP had me update the management agents from 6.2 to 6.4 to clear this message. However, it did not. Any other troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance

Joe Grispi
LAN Analyst
Talbots
1 REPLY 1
Michael Saurman
Advisor

Re: False Error Message

I run into that issue all the time and have been unable to resolve it. The service advisory issued a while back recommended the agent upgrade but that did not fix it. We were thinking of upgrading our CIM next as the version we have is old. I also recall a service advisory regarding a power supply rev conflict causing the same issue. I know this isn't much help but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in anyway.