4447 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Faulty Disk Replacement in EVA3K

Md. Minhaz Khan
Super Advisor

Faulty Disk Replacement in EVA3K

Dear All,

If a disk become faulty in EVA3K then what is the procedure to replace that disk and how can i recover data for that faulty disk

Thanks
Minhaz
3 REPLIES 3
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

Re: Faulty Disk Replacement in EVA3K

Hi,
User dont have to worry about recovering data from a faulty Disk. EVA firmware will take care about.

Of course any data in a Vraid0 (of the particular Disk group) vdisk will be lost.

Below is the procedure.
1) check the status of the disk in Comamnd View EVA. Ensure that its failed
2) Command View EVA go to system option and select H/W additional policy and set it to manual.
3) identify the disk and replace it
4) check the status in CVEVA and ensure that its good
5) Group the disk to respective Disk Group. (by default it will be part of ungrouped disks).

Refer the below link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=254838&prodTypeId=12169&objectID=c01625301

Hope this helps.
Md. Minhaz Khan
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot.

I have another query with this issue:From EVA command view in the "Disk group" i have found two options 1)Default Disk Group and 2)Ungrouped Disks

If we replace faulty disk the new disk will be in the Ungrouped Disks.So how can i group the disk from Ungrouped Disks to Default Disk Group.Pls send me a snapshot from EVA Command view if possible.

Thanks
Minhaz
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

just click on the disk which is under ungrouped folder. then there will be an option as "group" . once you select this you will get the option to select the diskgroup also.

If you have only single disk group (default) then need to add the disk to that only. other wise need to know on which disk group the disk has failed.

hope this helps