Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber channel hub keep hunging!

kenken_3
Regular Advisor

Fiber channel hub keep hunging!

Hi all,

My HPUNIX server ks-570 Fiber Channel hub keep refreshing and hungning. The cable is from FC card, then to the FC hub. From the hub, the cable connect to disk array.

Recently I got lots of warning on FC link failure, then the FC hub keep refreshing and hung. The disk array totally not accessble at that time. I have to reset the FC card every time. However, it become worse and worse. It will hung almost every 2 minutes. I ask HP to replace a new one. After 2 days, it repeat again. I can't tell what it is the root cause for this?

Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot
wang & wang
2 REPLIES
Alessio_3
Occasional Advisor

Re: Fiber channel hub keep hunging!

Hi kenken.

We had a similar problem with a k360 connected through an optical hub to three StorageTek arrays. Unfortunately, there was no solution: we changed cables, host hbas's, array controllers, the hub too.
The problem was int the hub: in fact connecting directly the storage to the server, we worked fine..

What HBA does your server mount?
What storage is attached?

Regards,
Alessio
kenken_3
Regular Advisor

Re: Fiber channel hub keep hunging!

Hi Alessio,

The HBAs are HP fiber Channel card. The disk arrays are just normal NIKE disk array.

Today my hub hung again. Now I have connected the FC cable between my FC card and the Disk array without the hub. Currently it is ok already. However, I am not sure whether it solved my problem or not yet.

thanks
wang & wang