3642 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firmware update on Raid controller causes problems with HD's

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Firmware update on Raid controller causes problems with HD's

Hi,
I just updated my Smart 2sl RAID CONTROLLER to firware 4.44. It works ok, just on bootup, it tells me I should update the HD firmware. Hit F1 to continue. All Compaq HD's in the Raid array. OK. So I download the rompaq's. Boot with the rompaq. It asks for disk6...got it. I put it in and it says it is the same version of firmware (so I assume there is not an updated firmware for the HD's 9.1GB Compaq Maxtor UW drives).
It still boots, but the error forces you to have to hit F1.
Any ideas? Or should I just go back to the old 1.91 firmware.
Thanks,
Berne
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

If your firmware is indeed cuurent you should not get the prompt but to diable it go into f10 and at the main menu type "ctrl a" this will get you into advanced mode then proceed to system configuration configure hw, choose review and modify then option 3 view and edit details as you scroll down look for an adavanced options heading and under there is a diasable f1 prompt disable this and that message/ prompt will not be there on boot. If you give me the current firmware on the drive and MODEL # I can tell you if the firmware is current.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks Orion_Quest . The Array Diagnostic Utility should also be run to make certain there are no problems with a drive or drives .

Also suggest clearing NVRAM , re-run the System Configuration Utility and the ACU .
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks!
I did run ADU and got no errors on the HD.
The F1 trick did work!
I'll try re-running the sysconfig utility. That's a good idea!
Thanks y'all!
-Berne