1752782 Members
5903 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Flash Unsuccessful

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Flash Unsuccessful

When I was updating the firmware of the Integrated Smart Array Ctrl. on a DL580 from 1.42 to 1.44 the upgrade failed.
The programming was interrupted and I got the following message:

WARNING: Flash Unsuccessful: 1h
Integrated Smart Array Ctrl. Slot 0

I have tried several times but with NO success!
I have done the upgrade ten times before on other DL580-servers with no problem at all.

An answer is requested.

/Gustav
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

There is a new firmware flash that is coming out shortly that will resolve this issue.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I tried the new firmware image and still had the same issue.

I have read all the documents and most refer to installing Win 2K and different chipsets. I have about 5 ROCs on my desk that are Sp# 158855-002 - which was supposedly the better chip. None of them will take a new firmware upgrade. The only thing I can find that they are all revision A.

I will be bringing this up to our Gold Support rep and see if there is anything that can be done and will post back my findings.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

I checked and SP16374 should flash the integrated ROC successful. Try this and please keep me posted.
Thanks.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That is the one I tried. I also tried the prior SPs with the same result. I tried to make the jump from 1.42 to 1.46. After that didn't work I tried 1.42 to 1.44. The server still functions fine so it isn't a HUGE issue - but could be later when a firmware upgrade will be needed.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I lied. SP16374 did work. For whatever reason when I tried it before it still failed - musta been operator error.