New Discussion юеВ

HORCM resync on a XP512 and RM instance

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jdamian
Respected Contributor

HORCM resync on a XP512 and RM instance

Hi guys.

I'm resynchronizing two XP512 partitions and I need shutdown the Primary instance. I know both primary and secondary instances are up and running to start resyncronizing (pairresync command) but are they also needed to complete it ?

in other words, may I shutdown the primary instance and the resync will go on ?

Thanx in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Dave Wherry
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: HORCM resync on a XP512 and RM instance

As far as I know yes. Yu can shutdown the primary if by that you mean the primary host.
The sync is happening on the XP array. The host is not doing anything with the resync.
Dale McNamara
Frequent Advisor

The raid manager instances are used as a communications link to the XP disk array and are not required to remain running during any of the pairing/re-syncing operations. Once you have started the re-sync, either instance may be shutdown without any impact
Antoni Jude
Occasional Advisor

I agree with all answers. Thanks to the forum.

Also, remember that the pairresync command can be executed even with just one instance running. For example: If I have instances horcm0 in primary and horcm1 in secondary servers, and if my secondary instance (horcm1) is down, I can give the following command from primary server to resync the volumes.
pairresync -g groupname -d devicename -l

This command can also be executed from secondary server when the primary server is down.
If what you're working for really matters, you'll give it all you've got.