Disk Enclosures
1752795 Members
6193 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Command View Eva Passive mode

Giorgi Kuprashvili

HP Command View Eva Passive mode

We have one command view eva managing two storage eva 4400 arrays. I want to implement second management server for the same eva 4400 arrays. How can I accomplish it? Must be this second command view eva in passive mode? can you give me some documentation regarding this.
5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Command View Eva Passive mode

CV-EVA registers itself on the EVA it manages. A new CV-EVA instance will take note of that registration and stay passive.

On the new instance you can take over the management role and it will register. The older sever will note that it is no longer registered and go into passive mode for that EVA.

I don't recall that I have seen much docu about this, but that is how it has worked for me for years.
Giorgi Kuprashvili

Thank you Uwe Zessin, everything is clear
Giorgi Kuprashvili

Thank you Uwe Zessin, everything is clear
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Let's say you have two CV servers, and one of them is currently managing the array.
If you then try to manage the same array via the other CV server, you will get a message letting you know which server is managing the array and asking if you want to take over management of the array.
Giorgi Kuprashvili

Thank you, Johan Guldmyr, for response, everything is clear, now I can easily deploy second CV on DR site, and put it in active mode if it will be necessary.