4843 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP EVA8000 Virtual disk Failuer

Nidal Ali
Advisor

HP EVA8000 Virtual disk Failuer

Dear Sir,

I have hp EVA8000 with XCS6.0 with two defined disk groups, a failuer happen in on Vdisk happen under disk group 2 because of 2 hard disk faliures. The two hard drives are replaced and there are no hardware errors in different eva components. I can not delete the failed Vdisk since it gives me the following message (attached snapshot from CV), kindly advice in how to delet the failed vdisk without deleting the disk group.

regrads

nidal qashou
Nidal Qashou
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

What happens when you click "Start deletion process"?

This is the expected message after a failure in a disk group that invalidates some vdisks.
Nidal Ali
Advisor

Still I'm not clicking any tabs, kindly advice which one I should click and what is the impact if I click start deletion tab. is this will delete the disk group?

regards

nidal ali
Nidal Qashou
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

It will delete the failed vdisks.

If you have had 2 simultaneous disk failures, you may have lost all VRAID 5 or all VRAID 5 and all VRAID 1. Depending on what disks failed exactly.

You should investigate more and called HP before replacing the disks. A double failure is very unlikely and many times the disks are not the ones causing the problems. HP engineers can re-enable a disk if it has been put in failed state due to problems on a loop.
Rajiv Kulkarni
Valued Contributor

Hi Nidal,

Virtual Disks\UNIX SYSTEMS\RUXDEVAP\Vdisk001, is this a vraid0 disk. if so then it is obvious that the only solution would be to delete this vdisk, this would recover any other failed vdisks if present. Also XCS 6.0 is no more a supported config, you need to be on XCS 6.110 atleast if not on XCS 6.220.

Thanks,
Rajiv