108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP EVA8400 Mirrorclones 'swap data' functionality

Jake M_1
Frequent Advisor

HP EVA8400 Mirrorclones 'swap data' functionality

Hi,
Does anyone know anything about some functionality in 'Command View EVA'

We use mirrorclones & when you select a mirror clone, I noticed in command view v '9.02.01.100426' a 'swap data' button.

This functionality would be perfect for me when attempting to move some vdisks from one disk group to another.

However, when I attempt to use it, I get a message saying

'status code: 10045: Unsupported command for this firmware version'

I was advised to upgrade to 'Command View 9.3' and this button is no longer available at all...

Hopefully someone has seen and/or used this on an EVA and can help me understand what the functionality actually is and why its no longer available?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP EVA8400 Mirrorclones 'swap data' functionality

Hi,

There are some new functions like Thin provisioning, Online LUN Migration etc are going to be come for EVA. These may be enabled in future firmware versions.

Once this functions are enabled in firmware they may enable the same in future command view EVA. Infact i have observed on some of the Vdisk properties with Thin Provisioning as Off in the CV 9.2.1.
Jake M_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP EVA8400 Mirrorclones 'swap data' functionality

It just seemed a little strange to have a feature be available in 9.02.01.100426 but not work properly. And then in a newer version, the feature is not available at all...

Its a shame if this is something thats going to be available at some point but not yet because I have 117 vdisks to move from one disk group to another and this would save me many hours if I could use this function.

Just out of interest, do you happen to know how long we will be waiting for the other functionality to become available & released?

Thanks,