HP FC60 controller for HPUX & NT

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shailesh Kumar.P
Occasional Advisor

HP FC60 controller for HPUX & NT

Dear all,

Can some one please help me on this.
can i use the same fc60 array for NT as well as HPUX ? As per the mannual it gives me different part nos for HP&NT.

If the controllers are different for NT&HP, what different does it have ? is there any firmware updates.

Thanks in advance
regds,
Sailesh
4 REPLIES 4
Bob Inglis
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: HP FC60 controller for HPUX & NT

Sorry, At this point in time the FC60 is shipped with different firmware for NT than for UNIX. The Unix version can not be used on NT and the NT version can not be used on UNIX.
Plan for the future and tomorrow will take care of itself.
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

well, with most disk arrays, you can't share them between hpux and nt simultaneously unless you're using the latest and greatest disk management system from veritas VxVM.

NT tries to stamp every disk it sees and therefore overwrites your PVRA in the process.

The FC30 may be able to help you out with doing simultaneous sharing with AutoTrespass off, or the AutoRAID.. not simultaneously.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Shailesh Kumar.P
Occasional Advisor

Hello Bob,
Thanks for your reply.
Now let me tell you my exact problem.
The FC60 array i rcvd from HP is for NT.
Actually i dont want to use it for NT. I need this to be connected on L2000(HPUX 11i) server.
Do I need to get a controller replacement from HP or something can be done on the existing controller(like firmware update) so that I can connect array to only on HPUX system.

Thanks much,
rgds,
Sailesh
Bob Inglis
Trusted Contributor

The controler firmware CAN be changed but it will require on site service to perform the retro-grade.
Plan for the future and tomorrow will take care of itself.