1748246 Members
3109 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Insight Control for VMware Center

Boesiger
Occasional Contributor

HP Insight Control for VMware Center

I've installed the HP Insight Control for VMware Center PlugIn v6.2.1 for vCenter 4.1.
Now i try to add MSA2000 G3 Storage with Storage Administrator Portal for VMware vCenter.
I does not work.I get the following error:
Error occurred while retrieving managed arrays of type HP P2000 Storage Array with parameters hostname: "IP_Adress" Username: manage com.hp.asi.core.api.array.ArrayCommunicationException: EXT_ERR_UNABLE_TO_CONNECT.

Please Help
Thanks
Rolf
1 REPLY 1
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Re: HP Insight Control for VMware Center

Hi,

Assuming below scenarios, check if the below steps resolve:

• Insight Control vCenter supports firmware discovery only on ESXi hosts that have the HP ESXi offline bundle for VMware installed. The ESXi user name and password are required for communication with CIM providers.

Suggested action: Verify that the HP ESXi offline bundle is installed for all ESXi hosts.

• Multiple credentials for iLO or the Onboard Administrator in the Insight Control for vCenter password database can cause Insight Control for vCenter to function unpredictably. Entering credentials with a new user name and then clicking Save in the Host Properties page or the Cluster Properties page adds a new set of credentials for that host.

Suggested action: If a configuration has multiple credentials per host, remove the duplicates:

1. Select Home→HP Insight Software.
  2. Delete all duplicate entries from the database.
  3. Click Save.
  4. Select Start→Control Panel→Administrative Tools→Services, and then restart the Insight Control for vCenter service.

Suggested action: If a user name credential for a host is incorrect, change the user name:

1. Select Home→HP Insight Software.
  2. Locate the entry for the host with the incorrect user name, and then enter the correct user name.
  3. Click Save.
  4. Select Start→Control Panel→Administrative Tools→Services, and then restart the Insight Control for vCenter service.
  • Insight Control for vCenter cannot communicate with a node if proxy authentication is required to reach the node.

Suggested action: Disable the proxy setting to enable Insight Control for vCenter to communicate with the node.

Note: In order to have Active Management in vCenter Server you need to have the latest version of HP Insight Control 6.3

Thanks,

-----------

If you like this post please click on the "KUDOS White Star" on the left pane of this post

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo