108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ML 110 ProLiant G6 / P212 RAID Array Controller Card issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stevie Eccleson
Advisor

Guys, thanks for everything, I have finally given up the ghost and have arranged for the server to be returned to the original seller of it.

They will send me out something different, an HP with a raid card already pre-installed.

I simply can't waste anymore time on this unfortunately, it was getting worse by the minute this morning, I flashed the BIOS and then I wasn't even getting the message that the RAID card was initialising, I was just getting a message "1785 - slot 4 not configured"

Then "boot failed"

I tried absolutely everything including speaking to HP, who suggested replacing the entire server...lol...at that point I gave up the ghost and contacted my account manager at our suppliers and have arranged for it to be collected with all the various bits, then I will buy something else, which I know definitely works first time round.

I have spent give or take 3 days on it now, and due to a major server failure over the festive season, I need to get a replacement in and up and running as soon as.

So, thank you all for your help and advice, you guys have been FAR more resourceful than than the bods at HP.

You win some, you lose some :)

Cheers and all the best
Stevie
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

We share yer grief man..

Now go buy a bottle of Grand Traverse Semi-Sweet and enjoy/celebrate the efforts!

;^))
Hakuna Matata.