4529 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP MSA and EVA array show up as yellow question mark

Niranjan Das
Occasional Advisor

HP MSA and EVA array show up as yellow question mark

HI,
I have one EVA4400 and MSA2324 array in the LAB. When i zone the array with a Windows 2003 server running on DL385G6 machine with FCoE adapter, it show up as yellow question mark unknown device. The same array when i zone in with a Windows 2008 server running on IBM system x, it works fine without issue. Not able to troubleshoot the problem. Please find attached screenshot. Any help in this regard would be helpful.
Thanks really appreciate it.
Niranjan
6 REPLIES 6
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

You need to load proper drivers for them to appear as non-unknown's.

Is the FCoE adaptor from HP?

if not, you can probably download qlogic or emulex drivers from HP, extract the contents and use the inf files contained in there for the storage array's.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Niranjan Das
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know which link has the driver in Hp website. I could not locate it. Instead i found something called "HP StorageWorks P2000/MSA2000 SES Driver for Windows 2003 x64" for the MSA array which after installation yellow mark got removed. But EVA is still there.

Thanks again,
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The INF file to put the correct name for the EVA controllers comes with HP HBA drivers.
Use the attached INF files to manually update the driver for those devices.
Niranjan Das
Occasional Advisor

Thanks again for this update. But i am unable to open the attachment "Error: Could not open the location specified". It would very kind of you, if you could post a link from where to get the inf file from HP website.

Thanks,
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Ah, it happens sometimes in this forum, does not let you download zip files.

My trick is to modify the URL:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/getattachment.do?attachmentId=356688&ext=.txt

Save that and rename to .zip
Roberto La Verde
Occasional Advisor

If you have not resolved this issue or for future reference (I crawled up two hours to solve a similar issue), download and install HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Array the Notification Driver for Windows Server 2003/2008 for your Windows platform.