3696 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP P2000 G3 Installation Steps

KRafiq
Occasional Advisor

HP P2000 G3 Installation Steps

Hi,

I have P2000 G3, And I have read all installation guide but still I did not access SMU or CLI. Whenever I am trying to connect with 10.0.0.2 or 10.0.0.3 then after some second SMU page disable and get warning ( The system is currently unavailable) I am using straight cable via switch. 

Second what is Default user name and Password?

Please answer me ASAP....

Thanks,

16 REPLIES 16
KRafiq
Occasional Advisor

I have login now through SMU but screen is stuck on (Loading System info Set)

- Why system take too much time?

OR 

This is error...

Please reply ASAP.....

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Try access it via telnet or SSH if SMU does not work.
If that does not work try via serial cable.

Perhaps there are problems because of incorrect cabling.

Error leds of the system may provide some help.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

>  what is Default user name and Password?

username is "manage"

password is "!manage"

If you have trouble connecting to one controller, try the other one.  Id also advise an ssh CLI connection first if possible.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

And usually when the SMU is stuck, restarting the management controller solves the problem.

restart mc
AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

1.  Check the backend cabling for P2000 as per the cabling guide. - http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02254377/c02254377.pdf

2. If it is, as it should be then verify there is no fault LED ON either on backend [Controllers] or the disk drives.

If it is incorrect, then please shut down the P2000 then change the cabling accordingly.

3. If Pt. 1 & 2 is applied already make a serial connection to P2000 by using either HyperTerminal or PuTTY as below:

A. For your machine to see the MSA as a device, you need to install a driver, there is a copy of the drivers on the CD that came with the device which can be downloaded from: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=4118559&swItem=MTX-f7441b0018c143ac88d83572e8&prodNameId=4118560&swEnvOID=4064&swLang=13&mode=4&idx=1
Note: Windows 7 users, use the Windows 2008 Drivers.
B. Install the driver.
C. Connect the USB lead from the MSA controller to your machine, TAKE NOTE of the COM port number it's using.
D. Now you can use whatever terminal emulation program you prefer to connect to that COM port. (I prefer HyperTerminal, or you can use Putty if you want something a bit lighter).
E. Set the following, Bits per second = 115200, Data bits = 8, Parity = None, Stop bits = 1, and Flow control = None.
F. You will need to press {enter} to connect, then login.
MSA Default username = manage
MSA Default password = !manage

Note: If the MSA is connected to your network and if it cannot get a DHCP address it automatically gives itself 10.0.0.2/24 on controller A and 10.0.0.3/24 on controller B.

Try opening SMU while connected to Serial Connection and see if it still stucks? If no, you may need to check your network settings.
If its still not loading, restart the management controllers with command restart mc both

4. If the network settings are Okay, Cabling is correct, there is no hardware failure, we have restarted the Management Controllers and still you are not able to load SMU at all then use FTP method and upgrade the Storage Controller Firmware to the latest and let us know how it goes.

Link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&prodSeriesId=4118559&swItem=MTX-ee9a4b0cfa4f4c479c987ea3ba&prodNameId=4118572&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

(Refer to Installation Instructions, if you any doubts about installation, they are precise and step by step)

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.
KRafiq
Occasional Advisor

Thank to all of you...

I have changed IPs of controller through telnet and i can access via network but I am facing some issues, 

- Still error is coming whenever I access SMU (The system is currently unavailable). but if i entered user name and password within 2 or 3 sec then i can enter management console.

- After login I have changed SAN Name successfully but if i change anything more the system give me error (storage controller is not available)

- I have tired upgrade firmware through HP utility but not success because controller is not available same error.

Please reply me...

Thanks, 

AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

Try upgrading via CLI or FTP Method.
Steps are mentioned for the same in the Installation Instruction.
Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.
KRafiq
Occasional Advisor

Kindly let me know LICENSE INSTALLATION require before configuration ?

AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

What is it are you trying to Configure? If it is remote replication than yes, you will need to install the licenses required.

If its just initial Installation then there is no license required to Power On, Configure Vdisks, Create Volumes, Access SMU etc.