4740 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

HP P2000 G3 iSCSI MSA Array System - can't remove hosts due to missing nickname

idasiak
Occasional Contributor

HP P2000 G3 iSCSI MSA Array System - can't remove hosts due to missing nickname

Hi,

I have one problem with my HP P2000 G3 iSCSI MSA Array System.

When I was configuring it for the first time I connected from couple of hosts through Windows iSCSI Initiator to it.

Of course all of the hosts are visible under HP Disk Array P2000 (P2000 G3 iSCSI) -> Logical -> Hosts menu.

Unfortunately if I select on one of the hosts and then Provisioning -> Remove host I end up with following error:

error

Can somebody tell me what is wrong?

If I try to rename the host I also receive an error:

error2

Thanks for support.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) > Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) >to Disk Array.-HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
PAC-MAN
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP P2000 G3 iSCSI MSA Array System - can't remove hosts due to missing nickname

This issue can be resolved by updating firmware to latest, Could you tell me what is the current firmware on the array?

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! star in the left column!
idasiak
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP P2000 G3 iSCSI MSA Array System - can't remove hosts due to missing nickname

Hi PAC-MAN,

Here it is

FW

If this FW version is not up to date, can you give me the information which one I suppose to use and where to find it?

Thanks.

PAC-MAN
Frequent Advisor

There is a new firmware revision available, Download here. Before updating the firmware i would recomend to set a host ID and then try to remove, In SMu reference guide Page no 79 the below info was found.

"A host name is case sensitive; cannot already exist in the system; cannot include a comma, double quote, or backslash; and can have a maximum of 15 bytes "

To set host ID below is the syntax.

# set host-name id 257000c0ffd74c07 Host1

257000c0ffd74c07 - auto discovered host

Host1 - New host ID

P2000 G3 CLI reference guide - http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02520779/c02520779.pdf

P2000 G3 SMU reference guide - http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02520791/c02520791.pdf

Hope this helps!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! star in the left column!