1753856 Members
6979 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

HP StorageWorks MSL2024 failing on cleaning tape

37rellimcm19
Occasional Contributor

HP StorageWorks MSL2024 failing on cleaning tape

Have an HP StorageWorks Tape Library, on the front panel LEDs, for Clean shows solid orange. 

I have a cleaning tape, HP brand, orange color.  However it doesn't have a bar code on it.  

I've inserted it into mailslot 6 and into the operator mailslot to try and clean.  

However it continues to fail.  I continue to get the following error: "cleaning drive 1 failed, destination full." 

I'm not sure what this means.  

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: HP StorageWorks MSL2024 failing on cleaning tape

Hi

To answer the above query, I request you to provide reply for below mentoined information.

1. Does the Drive even load the cleaning tape?

2. How are you trying to load the same? RMI/Backup application?

3. If you try to move a data tape into the drive does it work?

4. Has the drive been inspected for any faults?

5. Is the customer sure the cleaning tape is not expired?

Possibly some tape already in drive Or use of expired cleaning tape. Attempt to load from front panel instead of RMI/backup application.

Regards
Mahesh202

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

37rellimcm19
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP StorageWorks MSL2024 failing on cleaning tape

Thanks for the response.  However I figured it out. 

From the front of the tape storage, I did an inventory.  Once it was complete, I put the cleaning tape in the slot 1 and ran the clean from the front of the tape storage menu.  

This worked for me, not sure if it will work for everyone or if this was the correct procedure, however it cleared the cleaning error message.  

thanks