New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Surestore FC60 Latest Firmware Release

SOLVED
Go to solution
Naveen Shetty
Frequent Advisor

HP Surestore FC60 Latest Firmware Release

HI all ,

Kindly if someone can help me for the below query ..!

What is the latest firmware release/version available for FC60 Disk Array model .

I am told by the Advanced Guide of FC60 that RAID 0 can be supported on FC60 but with HP08 Firware version . Can I know from where can I get this firmware downloaded as I am unable to find this in ITRC Firmware list .

Kindly suggest me with solutions to use RAID 0 on FC60 ....!

Awaiting your replies .....!

Thanks in advance .

Naveen Shetty .
Queries
6 REPLIES 6
Iain F. Brown
Valued Contributor

FC60 HP08 and HP09 firmware have been withdrawn due to possible data problems. HP03 is the only current supported version of firmware.
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor
Solution

The latest firmware released is HP08 but the recommended firmware level at this moment is HP03.

RAID 0 will be supported with a new microcode of FC60 in the near future but not sure for time frame.
And I'm not sure that HP08 will make FC60 possible to create RAID 0.

At any rate, it looks like that we don't have any external source for the firmware, HP08.

Best regards,
Never say "no" first.
Miguel Rodriguez_3
Frequent Advisor

I have two FC60 in one client installation. As I know HP08 have problem of data corruption on RAID 0. That's why HP is recomending HP03.
Gary Studwell

O.k. So here I've just bought and installed an FC60/SC10 array, and now I find that the documentation is incorrect and it cannot be used for RAID 0 after all. Is there some way that I can address the disks and use LVM striping? Admittedly this isn't nearly as good a solution, but I am curious.
TIA,
Gary
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

For your information,

Please notice that a new patch has been released and it features RAID 0 for FC60.
See the patch text.
Patch :
10.X PHCO_23148
11.X PHCO_23149

Best regards,
Never say "no" first.
John Mai_1
Advisor

The latest controller firmware is 12. This firmware will work with HPUX 11.11 with patch PHCO_28167