4630 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Surestore Performance Advisor XP

Nimesh
Frequent Advisor

HP Surestore Performance Advisor XP

Hi,
I have two questions about XP-512 and performance advisor.

1) What is the web site for "HP Surestore Performance Advisor XP" product, HP internal and external.

2) We have two XP-512 located in different location. We are using Continuous Access (CA) to do data replication from one XP to other XP. We want to collect "how much data replicated by customer" in a given month. Does XP-CA has this information or any other tool can provide this kind of usage information ?

Thank you,
Nimesh
3 REPLIES 3
Mark van Silfhout
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Surestore Performance Advisor XP

Hi,

You can find some info about PA at http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/disk_arrays/xpstoragesw/performance/information_library.html this is an external site. The internal site is only available to HP, so unless you are an HP employee it's of no use.

2) Only the writes will be replicated between the XP's, so with PA you can collect the number of writes to a ldev(with the CA), provided that no other host is using that ldev. A more simple solution would be measureware software: This can collect the number of writes (in KB/sec) to the lun (exclusively for the host!), accumulate this for all luns on the CA link and it's there.

Regards,
Mark
Nimesh
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP Surestore Performance Advisor XP

Hi Mark,
1) Yes, I am HP employee. Can I please get the internal web site.

2) The bottom line is we want to know how much data was transfered from one XP to other XP using CA. We also have to collect this information per customer basic. Each customer will have assigned LUNs on XP.

Thank you,
Nimesh
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor