HP disk array

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP disk array

hi there,
i used the command:
/opt/hparray/bin/arraymgr -J HighPerformance -V $ID
to make the array update the disk maps during
shutdown of the disk array only, because of some performance problems...if i use now the same command for making the array work in normal mode(that is the Normal option),does it work without any problems or do i have to reset the array for updating the maps and then issue the command???
any idea??

thx...
it's all a game
2 REPLIES 2
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP disk array

>/opt/hparray/bin/arraymgr -J HighPerformance -V $ID
>to make the array update the disk maps during
>shutdown of the disk array only,
There is no need on shutdown as it's done automatically, even if you specify HighPerformance. The only time the maps won't be written is really on a power failure..
even in which case the batteries will store the latest mays on the controllers for around 7days.
In fact to ensure the maps are always written you should have used the secure option.

>use now the same command for making the array >work in normal mode(that is the Normal option),
This will update the maps on disk on the autoraid every 30 seconds. So worst case scenario on power failure your lun mapping is only 30seconds corrupted and the rebuild of the map (if you got HP56 f/w and the arrayrecover command).

>does it work without any problems or do i >have to reset the array for updating the maps >and then issue the command???
It should be valid immediately.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)

Re: HP disk array

hi bill,
thanks for your response,
its enough for me..

regards...
it's all a game