4504 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP11.11 / XP12000

Mark Parsons
Valued Contributor

HP11.11 / XP12000

Hi,

We are presenting disk from an XP1200 onto an HP11.11 server. There are seven disks in total - one of them is being presented correctly with two paths but then being presented is a further two disks with six paths.

What should be being presented is seven disks with two paths.

We are at the correct patch level.

Any suggestions? (See attachment)

Kind Regards - Mark P.
10 REPLIES 10
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: HP11.11 / XP12000

I would prefer to look at an "ioscan -fn" listing.

You also need to doublecheck the FC connectivity between your server and the XP i.e. zoning. If all disks are created and presented similarly on the XP, there is something wrong with the zoning or your FC SAN.
Mark Parsons
Valued Contributor

Hi - please see attachments.
Mark Parsons
Valued Contributor

Hi - Please see attachments
TTr
Honored Contributor

ioscan shows 14 disks on the fiber and they are probably the 7 disks you are talking about, each with two paths.
They are the disks that show up as "OPEN-V" in the listing. They are

t0d2
t0d3
t0d4
t0d5
t0d6
t0d7
t1d0

and they appear twice, once under the c42 interface and once under the c41 interface.
I trust ioscan more than anything else and as far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong.
All the "DISK-SUBSYSTEM" devices are the bus interfaces of the XP.

Where did you get the screen in the first attachment from?

As far as patch levels you should check if there are any prerequisites for the XP array. Unless you are at a very early release of 11.11 you should not need any patches.
Mark Parsons
Valued Contributor

The first attachment is a screenshot of disk devices using the SAM facility.
Simon Hargrave
Honored Contributor

ioscan looks fine, I would suggest you may have a SAM patch level issue if anything.

As for all the 0 sized SUBSYSTEM entries, they are Ghost LUNs. You can disable those on the XP. In Remote Web Console when defining host security groups under LUN Manager, choose Change Host Group (where you set Host Mode to 08[HP], then in Options... tick 12 (No display for ghost LUN).

You'll need to rmsf the existing ones since the host has already seen them, but ioscan will be a lot more readable from then on.
Mark Parsons
Valued Contributor

I think we are patched up to the correct level. The server concerned was connected to an XP1024 originally and that was fine. We have two other servers that were also connected to an XP1024 and are now connected to a XP12000 and they are fine.
TTr
Honored Contributor

> Forums user name: Mark Parsons
> I have assigned points to 0 of 36 responses to my questions.

Please read this. http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

It will help you get prompt responses and from more people.
TTr
Honored Contributor

In your other posting you have the same problem with SAM and an EVA array. You might want to install SAM patches or abandon SAM altogether and use standard HP-UX commands to configure the disks.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1384788