Disk Enclosures
1752650 Members
5679 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Help with RAID status/drive failure on DL 360 G7 with Storageworks D2600 runnign VMWare..

SimonGreen001
Occasional Contributor

Help with RAID status/drive failure on DL 360 G7 with Storageworks D2600 runnign VMWare..

Hi all,

Inherited a server running VMWare (standard build not HP) and I've got a drive with a amber failure light in the Storageworks array.

Given it's running VMWare O/S there is no ACU and iLo 3 doesn't give me anything to work with so..

My questions are;

1. Does the above support hot-swop capability? I don't have information about the SAS RAID card installed unfortunately..

2. Is there any way of booting into media that will give me the ACU? Ideally I want to take a look at the RAID status before pulling a drive - all of the lights on other drives are flashing blue (although they are so dim it's a little hard to tell) but I'd hate to pop a drive and kill the array (it's RAID 10 apparently..)

No error lights on the Storageworks unit at all, just one of the drives

Any advice would really be appreciated as killing this array would cause massive pain..

Regards,

Simon

1 REPLY 1
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Help with RAID status/drive failure on DL 360 G7 with Storageworks D2600 runnign VMWare..

You can boot the SPP

http://www.hp.com/go/spp

select interactive update, then run smart storage administrator to inspect the RAID (GUI) or simply press F5 during boot at the point the smart array controller is initialzing.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!