1748025 Members
4176 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: High Qlen on VA7400 again

Domenico Viggiani
Super Advisor

High Qlen on VA7400 again

Hi, I posted a message about the same subject some days ago.

Now, a write-intensive application is taking my LUN to a VERY HIGH Qlen again: >50000!!!
VA7400 array is connected to two Brocade switches and host is connected to the same switches.
I have already adopted all suggestions from HP (us Controller1 as primary path for LUNs in Redundancy Group 1 and viceversa, increase Queue Depth using sysctl, etc.)

How can I alleviate this problem?

Thanks in advance
Mimmo
5 REPLIES 5
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Mimmo,

Could you please provide some specific information on Command View SDM revision, VA7400 firmware revision, and switch firmware revision. There are some specific changes made in the VA7xxx firmware to address performance related issues. There are also some patches available to this regard.

Thanks,

Dave
Domenico Viggiani
Super Advisor

Command View SDM: A.1.03.00
VA7400 Product Revision: HP13
Brocade Fabric OS: a2.4.1

Problem seems alleviated reversing primary path and alternathe path in volume group definition.

Thanks
Domenico

P.S. Sorry for my bad english!
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hi
There is a new firmware that could solve some performance issue, if all is well configure

bye

marino
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Domenico,

As mentioned by Marino, there is a new firmware available for the VA7xxx. I believe the latest release is HP16. In order to get there, you'll need to upgrade Command View SDM to version 1.04. I believe the firmware you have for the Brocade is the latest. There are some significant performance enhancements included in HP14, however, that was a factory only install. HP15 also included some additional enhancements. I'm not sure of what's included in HP16 but I beleieve it should be available. Contact your local HP to schedule an upgrade.

HTH,

Dave
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

HP16 is indeed available. Call for a free in-warranty upgrade.
No matter where you go, there you are.