1752794 Members
6428 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hitachi USP/USP-V and HP XP12000/24000 Compared

Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Hitachi USP/USP-V and HP XP12000/24000 Compared

First of all -- are my comparisons and equivalence correct?

Hitachi USP/Tagmastore == HP StorageWorks XP12000
Hitachi USP-V == HP StorageWorks XP24000?

If I have been working mostly on Hitachi Centric HP XP Storage Arrays using ComamndView/XP and CommandView/XP - are the management tools practically the same on teh Hitachi -- albeit named differently? is it Hiatchi Storage Navigator that is used to manage these Hitachi arrays?

From a conceptual view --I know they're the same. I am just curios with teh management interface. I worked with a Hitachi 9960 and XP1024 and no doubt - LUN Manager is the same for both.

For BusinessCopy/HORCM -- I know it is exactly the same.

Hakuna Matata.
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey!

I thought they were called like Rxxx in Hitach lingo, but maybe that is an internal name..
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Nope it is not.

Am just actually curious if the USP series is managed via Storage Navigator as well (which is how the 95XX and AMSS line - which we have are). And how it compares to CommandView/XP and CommandView/AE.

Pretty sure though if one is adept with the XP series -- there should be no difference quickly adapting to the real McCoys... the HItachi frames.

Hakuna Matata.
banjo67xxx
Occasional Contributor

R600 is the internal codename for the Hitachi USP-V HP XP24000 and other arrays in the same range.

The Hitachi 95xx/AMS range are managed either using Storage Navigator Modular, or Hitachi Storage Navigator Modular 2, whereas the 99xx/USP/VSP ranges are managed with Storage Navigator.

You can manage everything with Device Manager if you want (BTW, Hitachi Storage Navigator Modular 2 has a similar look and feel to Device Manager)