108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How RDP controlling EVA Storage?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ali Saleh AlAli
Advisor

How RDP controlling EVA Storage?

How is the RDP controlling EVA storage? We have two EVA4000 Controllers with two disk arrays and two fiber switch. Moreover, on the top of it, we have RDP server (Remote Deployment Pack) in which there is software installed used to allocate the spaces.
The question is now, I saw that all the equipments are connected to the fiber switch; the EVA controller and disk arrays are connected also through Fiber and RG45 cables.
So, how the RDP is allocating the spaces? is it through the Fiber connection going directly to the Fiber Switch?
2 REPLIES 2
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: How RDP controlling EVA Storage?

I don't have any EVAs but I have other disk arrays with a similar deployment pack software to allocate the space.

The software can communicate with the arrays in both ways, over the fiber and over the LAN.

Did you setup IP addresses in the EVAs AND in the software? If yes, most likely the software connects over the LAN.

If the software is running on the same server that is connected to the arrays via fiber, it can connect over the FC protocol.

There should be something in the software that should tell you this.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How RDP controlling EVA Storage?

You're mixing things here. The EVA is a storage enclosure and is configured though a software called Command View. This software can create disk groups, divide them in vdisks and then present those vdisks to servers. Then the servers will see the storage.
RDP is used for remote installation of the servers, though PXE boot and remote image distribution or installation.
The server can be configured to boot from local disks or from disks on the SAN. That depends on how you want to do things.