5634 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How does CommandView XP see the storage system

tommy_28
Frequent Advisor

How does CommandView XP see the storage system

This is a quite a basic question.

But I don't know how to add the storage system device to CommandView XP.

In fact I cannot understand what dows 'Agent IP Address' mean. I've entered the SVP's two IP addresses, but doesn't work. Popup window said cannot connect.

Help please!
Tommy
2 REPLIES 2
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Re: How does CommandView XP see the storage system

My understanding is as under:

Host agents are required to use Path connectivity features of CommandView and must be installed on the hosts connected to the XP in order to identify, map, diagnose the connection between XP aray and hosts which consume space on XP.

Host agent software can be downloaded from the command View Support Tab to the remote host where it can be manually installed.

One has to enter the IP address of the Command View XP management station in the address field which will give the CommandView XP Login.

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Bill Rothanburg
Trusted Contributor

Re: How does CommandView XP see the storage system

Make sure you can ping the SVP from the CommandView XP server. If you cannot, then you will need to resolve the networking issues.

If you can, then it sounds like there maybe a license missing on the SVP to enable to rmi features. (I don't remember the exact name of the feature.) I had this problem when installing an XP128 last year. Once the license was entered by a CE, then I could connect with CommandView XP.