1752687 Members
5541 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to configure hardware RAID level

Ashok_18

How to configure hardware RAID level

Hi,
I want to know how to implement hardware raid level. Plz, if any one found document on his hardware RAID level configuration plz let me know.

Regards
Ashok Mote
5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Ashok,
there is simply not enough information to answer this question. We would at least need to know what product you are talking about - you certainly don't want pointers to 20 or 30 different RAID systems, do you?
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Check this thread as well:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=783721

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Ashok_18

We using LTR6000 net server hardware of 6GB RAM,quad process of HP. O.S we r using RDHT Adv 2.1

I have 20 physical drives. i want to implement hardware raid level.

for which

2 drives-RAID 1
remaining - RAID 5

I want to know in detail for configuring Hardware Raid Level for SMART ARRAY Controller with Online Spare Drive.

HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

The RAID can be configured in 2 ways you can you Smart Start CD and configure the RAID or from the Smary Array Bios you can configure the RAID
by pressing F8
after there there will be 3 options
view/Edit
Create
Delete
select once you select create then u can select the disks and the raid level and hit enter it will ask for confirmation to create additional raid repeat the same step.
Once you are done hit esc and it will ask confirmation to save you can save and exit.

Hope this helps

Rgds

HGN
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Ashok,

The Smart Array Controller was not supported in the NetServer LT6000. You need a netraid card like 2m, 3si. Are your drives in a RS/12? The LT6000 only held 4 internal. Boot into ctrl-M on the netraid to configure your array or load netraid assistant and configure your array from your OS.

hth,
Greg
Lets Roll!