Disk Enclosures
1752653 Members
5522 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to create continuity of disk arrays-EVA4400?

SOLVED
Go to solution
rustam_2
Super Advisor

How to create continuity of disk arrays-EVA4400?

I have to disk arrays where are 12 disks (each one is 146 Gb) on HP Storage Disk. One controller - HP Storage Work HSV300 manages this disk array. Also have 2 DB servers(HPrx6600) where run Oralce, one of them for production other ones is for reserve.
I would like to have reserve controller and several disk reserve disks. For instance, if my controller HP Storage Disk HSV300 or disks will crush, i must provide continuity of business. I have reserve DB server, i'd like to have whole EVA4400's reserve or some part of EVA4400. Use these two EVA4400 and make replication between them.

What do u think. How i can i make reservation of my SUN. Company's budget is not fine, so i will try to make small and cheaper specification to our chief.

Regards,
Rustam.
4 REPLIES 4
IBaltay
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
look at the EVA config best practices to see if your idea is good: In EVA the whole disk back end is one big pool - disk group (DG) and all the logical disks are formated across all the spindles of the DG. Also the controllers are in the A/A relation. (they both do the IO operations)... The replication is done via the Business copy (local EVA) and/or Continuous access (remote EVA):

EVA best practices:
http://intranet.hp.com/tsg/ESS_fr/swd/Documents/Produits/EVA/WhitePaper_EVAx400_BestPractices.pdf

EVA business copy/continuous access video:
http://h30418.www3.hp.com/?rf=sitemap&fr_story=8bddbfd0dd4863c9aa0181af8d002c4cfb7b5494&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

CA implementation guide:
http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01800459/c01800459.pdf

the pain is one part of the reality
rustam_2
Super Advisor

Thanks, IBaltay
first and second links don't work. I'd like to see video in Russian, but cant watch, didnt load. I couldnt find documentation about EVA4400 and how to check my EVA's specification (sure in Russian). I need to specification for asking more exact questions.

Regards,
Rustam.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What OS is running on your rx6600?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
rustam_2
Super Advisor

we have 2 servers, which work with EVA. And there run HP-UX 11i v3.
I think will be better if i create\buy another EVA-4400 and made cluster between them. will be ok or there is other way to make my system very reliable fail-safe?

EVA and RX server are connected with HP Storage SAN/switch 8/24, should i buy one switch more or that's enough? Because switches usually works for along time without problems.