Disk Enclosures
1753725 Members
4664 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to disable debug-mode of HSV-100 controllers ?

Adrian Glaubitz

How to disable debug-mode of HSV-100 controllers ?

Hello,

I have an EVA-3000 SAN which has two shelves of 14 146GB disks and two HSV-100-controllers. The system had suffered from a short power-failure once and ever since then the two controllers are in debug-mode. So everytime the controllers are shutdown (which fortunately doesn't happen too often) and powered-on again, I have to connect with my laptop and use it as a terminal and type "g" for the controllers to boot.

Can anybody tell me how to *disable* the debug-mode again, so the controllers will boot normally again without any user-interaction ? I don't want to mess around with the serial-console, I just want to get rid of the debug-mode.

It doesn't matter however if the storage (hardware or data) gets messed up by that action, the system is used merely for backups of unimportant data at the time (it has been superceeded by an EVA5000 2 years ago).

Thanks alot,

Adrian
3 REPLIES 3
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: How to disable debug-mode of HSV-100 controllers ?

Hi,
the same debug commands as via the serial console are accessible via the CommandView special command line interface, which should be handled by the HP support engineers.
the pain is one part of the reality
Adrian Glaubitz

Hello,

thank you very much for your quick response.

The problem is, that this unit is long out of its service-contract so I cannot contact any HP engineer. (The EVA3000 has had all kinds of problems btw and the HP technicans have replaced all kinds of parts without ever really fixing that unit, not something which one should expect from a several thousand dollar storage device, but thats another story :( ).

I just want to know the command to type to disable debug-mode ;-). The unit isn't really in productive use anymore so it doesn't matter if things get screwed up. But since it surprisingly works very well now (with the history it had), I still use it for storing scratch-data and so I want to restore it to normal operation.

Adrian
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

as you allready know, because you did it via the serial console, and you had typed the g option to complete the boot sequence...

connect via the serial console once again and choose the f option which allows you to change the debug flags (which must be set to 0 for the normal customer operation. Always if you set any flag, it must be turned off (default zero - 0) after the debugging...
the pain is one part of the reality