Disk Enclosures
1752677 Members
5499 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to go from AutoRAID to RAID 1+0 on a va7410 disk array?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Global Server Operation
Frequent Advisor

How to go from AutoRAID to RAID 1+0 on a va7410 disk array?

The account is purchasing new disks for the VA7410 disk array. The disk array is currently configured as an AutoRaid. In order to convert all data from its current format to RAID 1+0, all data on the va7410 would need to be backed up to tape. The new drives could then be installed, the disk array configured in RAID 1+0 mode and other configuration changes made as needed, then the data could be restored.

How to go from or turn off AutoRAID and switch to RAID 1+0 on a va7410 disk array? Isthis something that HP would have to do when they install the new disks or is this something I can do?

All replies are appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor
Solution

You can do this through the Storage Works Command View SDM software. The Installation and User Guide is available here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=64112

Pete

Pete
Global Server Operation
Frequent Advisor

Thanks. I'll take a look at it.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Actually, I looked at it too and couldn't find anything there. The install guide for the array says:

"To change the RAID level to RAID 1+), enter:
mgr -B raid1
When prompted to reset, enter yes to reset the array"

I'm assuming that this is done through a RS-232 terminal or PC plugged into the RS-232 port on either arry controller.

It may be possible to do this through Command View as well, but, like I said, I couldn't find it.

Pete

Pete
Global Server Operation
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I found that you can go thru commandview to change the Raid level. In
the configuration tab, there is a tab to the right of the menu that says " Array Settings". This is where you would change the settings.

Thanks for your reply.
Global Server Operation
Frequent Advisor

I have found the solution in the Installation and User Guide for Storage Works Command View SDM Installationa nd Users Guide.